Thank you for accessing the State of Michigan MILogin web portal service (Service). Access and use of the Service is subject to these terms and conditions (Agreement), as well as all applicable laws and other Michigan.gov policies. Each time you access or use this Service, you agree to be bound by the terms contained in the most current version of this Agreement, which may be modified without notice at any time and can be found at the bottom of the MILogin website. These terms affect your legal rights and obligations. If you do not agree to these terms, do not access or use the Service.
Terms and Conditions
1. You agree to access and use the Service only for lawful purposes. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all laws, statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to your use of the Service. Any use of the Service not specifically permitted under this Agreement is strictly prohibited.
2. The State grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and make personal use of the Service for the purposes of creating login information that is unique to you and accessing your MILogin account profile and applications available through the Service.
3. All information that you transmit through the service must be true and accurate to the best of your knowledge. Your transmission of any false, misleading or inaccurate information may result in the termination of your rights to use the Service and possible criminal penalties under State and Federal laws. You are solely responsible for your conduct, along with any data, text, files, photos, videos and all other content or materials (collectively, Content) that you transmit, post, or upload through the Service.
5. All content on Michigan.gov and the Service is the property of the State or its content suppliers and is protected by intellectual property laws. Michigan.gov and the Service are for personal and non-commercial use only. You may not modify, copy, distribute, display, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, sell, or transfer information, products, or services obtained from Michigan.gov or the Service unless the law otherwise provides or the State gives you prior written permission. Use of content, images, designs, or logos from Michigan.gov or the Service on another website or on a networked computer environment is prohibited, except as permitted under the Link Policy contained herein, or if the State gives you prior written permission.
7. You agree that your use of any information from the Service is at your own risk, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of posted information.
8. You hereby grant the State permission to access and utilize, for its internal business purposes, your location information through the Service, including, but not limited to, your IP address and WiFi sensor data, along with your access device’s cellular and global positioning system capabilities.
9. You agree that you are responsible for all data charges you may incur by using or accessing the Service.
11. The State has taken a number of steps to prevent unauthorized access to information. For additional information reference the complete Security Policy at:
12. There may be links within the Service, or from communications you receive within the Service, to other State and third-party applications, web sites or features. To the extent that the Service links or provides you access to another State service or application, the terms of that specific service or application shall control your access thereto. The Service may also include third-party content that the State does not control, maintain or endorse. You expressly acknowledge and agree that the State is not responsible or liable for any such third-party services or features. Your correspondence and business dealings with third-parties found through the Service are solely between you and the third-party. For additional information concerning third-party links, reference the State’s Link Policy at:
13. The State may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to and use of the Service without notice for any reason, including a violation of this Agreement or other conduct which the State, in its sole discretion, believes is unlawful, harmful to others, or creates a risk of possible legal exposure to the State. In the event of termination, you will no longer be authorized to access the Service, and the State may use any lawful means to enforce this termination.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU AGREE THAT THE STATE IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE, LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES, OR A FAILURE OF THE SERVICE TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE), HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANYWAY OUT OF THE USE, ACCESS OR DISTRIBUTION OF THE SERVICE OR THE EXERCISE OF ANY RIGHTS GRANTED HEREUNDER, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
15. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
BECAUSE THE SERVICE IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE SERVICE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING, THE STATE AND OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE SERVICE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE. SHOULD THE SERVICE PROVE DEFECTIVE OR YOUR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE INTERRUPTED, THE STATE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
You (including any third-party on whose behalf you access or use the Service, with the exception of state, local and federal government users) agree to defend, indemnify and hold the State harmless, at the State’s direction and request, from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including without limitation, reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with any of the following: (i) your access to or use of the Service, including any Content you provide to the Service; (ii) your breach of this Agreement; (iii) your violation of any third-party rights, including without limitation, any intellectual property rights, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy rights; (iv) your violation of any laws, rules, regulations, codes, statutes, ordinances or orders of any governmental and quasi-governmental authorities, including, without limitation, all regulatory, administrative and legislative authorities; or (v) any misrepresentations made by you. You will cooperate as requested by the State in the defense of any claim. The State reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, and you will not in any event settle any claim without the prior written consent of the State.
17. Should the State fail to insist upon strict adherence to any term of the Agreement it is not to be considered a waiver or deprive the State of the right to insist upon strict adherence to that term, or any other term, of the Agreement.
18. If any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, it will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the terms of this Agreement, and without further action by the parties, such provision will be reformed to the minimum extent necessary to make such provision valid and enforceable.
19. This Agreement is governed, construed, and enforced in accordance with Michigan law, excluding choice-of-law principles, and all claims relating to or arising out of this Agreement are governed by Michigan law, excluding choice-of-law principles. Disputes arising from this Agreement with a dollar value of $1,000 or greater must be resolved in the Michigan Court of Claims. Such complaints must be initiated in Ingham County, Michigan. All other claims are to be submitted to the State of Michigan Ad Board. You hereby waive any objections, such as lack of personal jurisdiction or forum non conveniens.
20. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and the State with respect to the Service and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between the user and the State with respect to the Service.